On 25 Feb 2014, at 10:43, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

>> David Deutsch does not reject probability...

Sure he does, he swaps out the Born rule for rational decision theory (+ amendments to make it compatible with MWI). There isn't probability, but we should act 'as if' there was. Its what he's famous for, Quentin.

I think Deustch is more famous for the quantum universal Turing machine.

To say "There isn't probability, but we should act 'as if' there was." seems to me to oversimplify what he says, as it is close to non sense to me.

With comp this would extends into there is no physical reality, but we should act as if.

It is still better than "there is no consciousness, but we must act as if".