On 12 June 2014 14:01, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> They do not, but their comrades in arms do. Its not your values, its
> theirs. People can be vastly, different.

And you think these comrades would be deterred by the captured ones being
executed? I disagree, if anything it would make them more likely to
continue their campaign.

(Also I might just point out that anyone detonating a dirty nuke in
Auckland is most likely to be a suicide bomber anyway. They have to
manufacture the thing, which probably gives them a lethal dose of radiation
for starters, and then make sure it detonates, which can be tricky - it
could just melt down if you get it wrong. It's most reliably done from
close range, so if you trigger it and survive, you know you have to try
again. Which makes it an interesting process if quantum suicide is a
reality...)

You need to look at the psychology of martyrdom and suicide bombers a bit
more closely. Its not your values, its theirs. People can be vastly
different.