On 29 Sep 2014, at 00:49, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

It seems to me that the MGA makes the robust/non-robustness irrelevant.

What creates ambiguity is to not know where somebody, from you to everybody on the list here, is talking from.

I am not sure I understand.

I know the system in place is to relate by referring to the steps, but why not answer with an answer that is used in so many textbook/ paper, that it must be robustly, consistently true forever?

We can apply this kind of solution even to measure problem, to which, and I quote thousands of textbooks here, "the answer is trivial and is left as an exercise for the reader." PGC

It is an exercise for the next generations. It is not trivial, I think.

I muse that if we get the right "tensor product", may be the inter particles is structured by group theory, may be the universal groups like the (quantum) unitary group or the braid group are the winner(s), and the particles themselves should be related to the simple groups, but I am thinking aloud here. Just the idea that the measure problem might not be that much complex, given the data provided by observations (quantum theory) and the conceptual simplicity of computations, thanks to Church thesis, and self-reference.

You can't be serious on "the answer is trivial", I guess you are joking :)