From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Feb 2, 2015 8:06 pm
Subject: Re: Free Speech is not Free unless it is allowed for every point of
view

On 3 February 2015 at 13:25, spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Agreed so far. I tend towards libertarian small scale solutions and never
trusted 43, nor his competence, nor, the people he chiefly, represented. BHO is
much much worse, in both incompetence and lies. The man's policies fail, one by
one, and thus, will cause troubles not only to his home country, but far off
kiwiland as well. Al Qaeda did shoot its bolt 14 years ago, but remember al
qaeda means the base, named after the ancient relational database called DB3.
The various groups, personnel, funding, areas of control, etc., were all on Bin
Ladens littile database. So, in the meantime, all these orgs competed in a
darwinian fashion for leadership and have evolved onward into ansar, the other
into isis. The fear is that another catastrophe will be created by BHO's
negligence, and thus we all will fall into a big war cycle. This event, should
it happen will change the politics, but not after lots of carnage. Hating one's
home country, as many seem to, will not persuade the perception of the
islamists, but likely encourage their agression. That is my view.

Also agreed so far. I don't know how 43 and 44 compare (convenient shorthand)
in terms of incompetence and lies, but they seem to have mainly proved that...

...and I agree that there is a threat from ISIS etc - what I don't want is to
give up our existing feedoms to combat them. To put it bluntly Id' rather live
in a land of (relative) freedoms and take the risk that I will be blown up by a
terrorist than live in a repressive police state in which every "person of
interest" is under surveillance. The price of freedom is constant vigilance,
but there is also a tradeoff between freedom and security.