On 3 June 2015 at 15:44, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 6/2/2015 8:35 PM, Samiya Illias wrote:
>
> Let's try a different approach. Do you really think that everything just
> happened on its own and there is no creator behind it? If you do believe
> that there must be a creator, then try praying to your creator and implore
> faith and guidance.
>
> There are a lot of other possibilities besides "just happened" and "a
> creator to whom it would make sense to pray".

Indeed. And if there is a creator, that just leaves the origin question
open - where did the creator come from?

To the best of my knowledge this question isn't tackled in the Bible,
Quran, etc. But you'd think that God would know his own origins, and if
he's keen for us to believe in him, he'd tell us what they are, so that
once wev'e advanced enough in scientific knowledge we'd be able to verify
what the holy writ told us (Samiya has suggested that this is the case for
some bits of physics and biology - but I don't know of any holy text that
tells us that God evolved through natural selection before he created our
universe, I'd feel more inclined to believe it if it did).