On 7/31/2016 12:32 PM, John Clark wrote:

    > ​f​
    or comuptationalism to be true, then the
    ​ ​
    future diary must also be identical?

​I don't know what that means, identical to what? I'm saying that​
 computationalism
​ is true if and only if a physical machine can duplicate *everything* ​about you, including /"/
/a first person view from its first person point of
​ ​
view/
​".​

But that's far to high a standard. A machine that could duplicate everything about you, except your location in spacetime would satisfy computationalism. A machine that could duplicate everything about you as you were last year would be good enough. A machine that could duplicate you well enough that even your closest acquaintances could tell you from your duplicate would be consistent with computationalism