On 28 Dec 2016, at 08:08, Brent Meeker wrote:

On 12/27/2016 4:18 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:
John, isn't there a Buddhist saying by the Buddha, "If the Buddha stands in your path (spiritual) strike him down"?

<abfnkejcccoakbhn.png>

Brent

Yes, another koan zen or buddhist say that we have to kill all the buddhas, and is usually understood as a warning against argument per authority.

It is common among mystics that they encourage the *personal* inquiry, a bit like mathematicians who recommend the personal understanding of (most) theorems.

Platonist can go farer when taking argument from nature as treachery. We cab use nature to refute a theory, but we have to find the theory by reflexion and not copy nature ...

Bruno