On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 9:33 PM, <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

​>​
>  As for collapse, it's easily seen in the double slit experiment. The
> electron, say, moves through space as a wave -- which explains the
> interference effects due to splitting into two waves, each emanating from
> one of the slits

​Then after it passes the double slit and that electron hits the
photographic why does it always produce one and only one spot, not a smudge
as one wave should and not a interference pattern as as 2 waves should? ​

> ​> ​
> and is ALWAYS observed as localized in space, aka a PARTICLE. That is, the
> wave collapses into a particle! There is no other reasonable interpretation
> of results of the double slit experiment, which demonstrates the collapse
> phenomenon for those able to see.

​So tell me exactly what this **observer** thing is. ​

​Exactly what is it about observation that allows it to collapse the wave
particle? How complex does a thing need to be to qualify as a observer? And
why do you believe the moon started to orbit the earth 4.5 billion years
ago, why do you believe the moon had any definite properties at all 4.5
billion years ago ?    ​

​> ​
> You keep ignoring the obvious 800 pound gorilla in the room; introducing
> Many Worlds creates hugely more complications than it purports to do away
> with; multiple, indeed infinite observers with the same memories and life
> histories for example.

If they all have
​
the same memories and life histories
​ then those infinite number of observers are indistinguishable from only
one, and that's pretty simple.  ​

​> ​
> Give me a break.

​No, you get no break from logic.