On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:01 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> On 17-09-2019 13:32, Bruce Kellett wrote:
> >
> > So why do all Everettians have to add so many additional assumptions
> > in order to pretend to get out the Born rule?
> >

> Simply assuming the special case of the Born rule that measuring a
> system in an eigenstate of an observable will yield the eigenvalue of
> that eigenstate with  certainty, is enough.

Where did the concept of an observable as an operator in a Hilbert space,
and the idea that measurements correspond to the action of that observable
 on the state, giving a result that is the eigenvalue corresponding to the
projected eigenvector, come from?

As I said, you have to build an awful lot into the Schrodinger equation in
order to get out quantum physics. The Born rule is one of the hardest
things to get. And no one has yet produced a convincing argument that the
Born rule can be derived in Everettian QM.

Bruce

You can consider the case of