> On 25 Oct 2019, at 23:46, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On 10/25/2019 4:31 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>> On 23 Oct 2019, at 20:21, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
>>> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>>> Which explains NUMBER.
>> Which explains the human discovery and conception of the number.
>
> Number and the conception of number are the same thing.

With mechanism, the numbers, or the combinators (etc.) are taken as primitive.

The conception of number is then explained by the mental abilities of the
universal Turing machine/numbers.

The numbers is the object of study of elementary arithmetic.

The conception of numbers is the object of study of anthropology and or
computer science.

> That's why it's an abstract concept.  There could be no number 2 without the
> concept of two things being similar and so in the same class. Without this
> conceptual relation, s() would just be marks on paper.

Then physics before the human appeared cannot make sense. How could the
Big-Bang even exists, if two electrons cannot exist without humans?

Bruno