> On 6 Sep 2020, at 19:53, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Do you have a paper explaining this?

No. It is a recent finding. But it is almost trivial, the difficulties are in
the "descriptive set theory". I have thought wrongly that allowing the full
measure on the sigma_1(a) would make it trivial, but I was wrong. My intuition
was based on the fact that the determinacy axioms is incompatible with the
axioms of choice, but that is mitigated by the consistency of the axiom of
choice and a restricted form of determinacy, called “projective determinacy” in
set theory. It happens that mechanism seems to require only that restricted
form of “determinacy”.

My paper:

Marchal B. The Universal Numbers. From Biology to Physics, Progress in
Biophysics and Molecular Biology, 2015, Vol. 119, Issue 3, 368-381.

Get close to those issues, but to explain descriptive set theory require some
amount of both topology and mathematical logic.

Bruno