> On 21 Dec 2020, at 17:25, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Bell's theorem and the Kochen-Specker theorem are indications of an
> irreducible randomness to measurement outcomes in QM.

That is clear for me when you assume one and only one physical universe, or one
measurement outcome.

It is less clear if we assume 0 physical universe (like we have to if we want
biologie and Darwin to keep their explanation power, as they use mechanism and
this is hard to sustain with any (weak) form of materialism.

Keep in mind that Mechanism introduce already an irreducible randomness in
self- measurement in the self-duplication/multiplication (in arithmetic, or
anywhere).

Normally, the quantum weirdness is simply the canonical weirdness met by all
universal numbers in arithmetic, and due to its intrinsic lack of ability to
determine which computation run her, among the infinities of computation in any
“universal-Turing system”.

Bell’s theorem and Kochen-Specker theorem are part of the confirmation that the
quantum MWI is just the arithmetical multi-computations reality, structured by
the modes of self-reference of the universal machine (an arithmetical concept).

This per se does not solve the mind-body problem, but is the beginning of its
formulation. The solution is in the consequence of the (counter-intuitive)
theory of machine self-references (which applies also to some “gods” (non
Turing emulable entity) which exist also in the arithmetical reality (called
“oracle” by Turing).

Some evidences for some type of hidden variable in the physical reality would
give some evidence that Mechanism is false, but I have not yet seen such
evidences.

Bruno