> On 25 Feb 2021, at 19:39, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> That’s because prohibition and free-market are inconsistent. Then, the
>> abandon of rigour in the fundamental human science makes people accepting
>> inconsistencies, which lead to human catastrophes. Even the “electric
>> crisis” in Texas comes from the worst political isolationnisme possible, and
>> a willingness to refuse a free-market for electricity.
>
> It came because they tried to make a free-market electric system.  The
> electricity producers had no incentive to provide reliability against weather
> events happening ten or twenty years apart.

Only by limiting the system to the state, making the market not free, and
unreliable. Free-market you buy it anywhere, at the lower price, even to
foreigners.

> To provide excess capability and backups and weatherize would just raise cost
> and lose customers to the competition.

In the Airline industries, that is mention as cutting corners. The type of
economy which can make a plane to not de-ice properly and crash.

Again, this comes from making the texans unable to buy electricity elsewhere.
It is perverse free-marketing, obliged to cut the security to get the fund to
make the system working.

> Customers were free to buy electricity on a daily basis...which is why some
> of them now have $16,000 bills for five days service.

Which is simply insane. Normally we agree on the price, and then pay, and only
if the product is well delivered and working. A free-market is not crime driven
market, or when it does, it means we are confronted to criminals, like in the
prohibition files.