On 6/19/2021 8:54 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 6:17 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl <mailto:smi...@zonnet.nl>> wrote:

    Information is the key.  Conscious agents are defined by precisely
    that
information that specifies the content of their consciousness.

While I think this is true, I don't know of a consciousness theory that is explicit in terms of how information informs a system to create a conscious system. Bits sitting on a still hard drive platter are not associated with consciousness, are they? Facts sitting idly in one's long term memory are not the content of anyone's consciousness, are they?

For information to carry meaning, I think requires some system to be informed by that information.

It also requires values and the potential for action.  Information has to be about something, something that makes a difference to the conscious organism.