On Sunday, July 17, 2022 at 3:08:30 AM UTC-5 telmo wrote:

> Am So, 17. Jul 2022, um 08:52, schrieb spudboy100 via Everything List:
>
> I will use another democratic party media source as my contention that
> violent crime has risen.
> Denver 7 (one of yours LC)
>
> https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/americas-cities-are-seeing-drastic-rises-in-violent-crime
>
> and, with other local dem sources I will continue-
>
> https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/15/23216341/violent-crime-soared-arrests-historic-lows-chicago-police-department-david-brown-lori-lightfoot
>

> https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/06/us-city-violent-crime-rate-perception/661337/
>

> https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/07/16/crime-maryland-governor-race/
>
> So, everybody, even in the hoods are wrong about violent crime, but white
> liberals are correct because, people are racist, and racism, and bad, and
> Trump too! On this one, LC you need to be selling your fellow democratic
> voters say, the UAW, rather than me.
>

> Yes, fuck official statistics! Let us rely instead on a bunch of
> cherry-picked news items that mention local perceptions of increase in
> violent crime without providing any evidence that this is the case. And let
> us connect all this to the only thing that matters: political tribalism.
>
> Telmo

That was why I posted the 538 article. That is usually pretty credible.

Biden and the dems are going to get snagged on the fuel prices in 2022
elections. Never mind it has little to do with policies, and much to do
with supply chain failures with the pandemic and now the Russo-Ukraine war.
As per below with the decision to stop the pipeline, even if that were
running at full capacity now, which would not be possible, it would have
small impact on the price of oil. The price of oil is set on an
international market scale, not regionally or nationally. This is a mantra
that keeps going, drill-baby-drill, and keeps unthinking people going to
the polls to pull the GOP lever.

To be honest this is why I really question whether humanity can survive. We
need to get off the carbon energy cycle, and this summer is a serious
scorcher. But, people will not think and by the time we really take action
it will probably be too late. I even suspect that if humanity is this
greedy and stupid then maybe it is all good riddance to bad rubbish.

LC