From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: spudboy...@aol.com
Cc: everything-list@googlegroups.com <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 17, 2022 7:57 am
Subject: Re: Do you have a right to travel? Republicans say no.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 6:22 PM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> John, be thankful for answered prayers. Because, the behavior of my team,
> conservatives, it will help your team out at the polls in 22 & 24.

 I hope you're right but I don't think you are. 2024 is too far in the future
to make political predictions that are worth a damn, but I think the Democrats
are gonna lose control of both the House and the Senate in the midterm election
this year, the Antidemocrats are going to triumph. Unemployment is the lowest
it's been in years and the dollar is the strongest it's been in a generation,
but gas prices are high and even though neither the president nor the Congress
has much influence over that they are the ones in power so they are the ones
who are going to get blamed.
And to many people, and to all Republicans, knocking a dollar off the price of
a gallon of gas is more important than the US Constitution, and more important
than the right to travel and the right to have autonomy over your own body, in
particular the right to control your own womb if you have one, and more
important than the right to put any chemical you wish into your body to relieve
chronic excruciating unrelenting white hot pain if you are dying. And
Republicans believe low gas prices are more important than the most important
right of all, the right to die if you wish to die.
I have to admit Biden is not totally blameless for the current high rate of
inflation, on the very first day of his presidency he should've eliminated by
Executive Order all the Trump era tariffs, which are paid for by Americans not
by foreign countries, but for some reason that makes no economic sense some of
them are still in place.

> It will generate reverse-action against Bible Belt governors, attorneys,
> politicians.

If only it were that simple and that logical! Roy Moore, a Bible thumping judge
in Alabama, the heart of the Bible Belt, came within a hair's breadth of
becoming a US Senator even though convincing evidence was available that he was
a pedophile. This happened for two reasons:
1) On the ballot he had a "R" next to his name not a "D".2) He may have been a
pedophile but he was a Bible thumping pedophile, and that makes all the
difference.

I will close by asking you 3 questions.
1) Mr. Spudboy, do you think you should have the right to travel?
2) Being "conservative" means you wanna keep on doing things the way they've
always been done, so I understand why conservatives oppose the Democrats when
they try to increase taxes on the super ultra mega rich and why conservatives
want to keep them very low as they've always been, but what is "conservative"
about radically changing the way we've handled abortions for the last half
century?
3) What exactly are conservatives trying to conserve?

ngc