And I was wondering why I didn't see my own message on the list! Sorry
for mailing to you directly, I only hit "Reply" without noticing that

> Launching a perl process that does alot of searching and evaluating for
> every message that comes in could get expensive.

Hm, yes, thats true, I didn't think of that.

>      It should be possible to embed a perl interpreter into the code.
> You could enter an expression into a field, like the scheme expression
> in 1.08 that I've seen, that is to be evaluated for every message that
> comes in.  The expression is evaluated into an 'anonymous subroutine'
> (perlism) that is executed on every message.
>
>     An internal perl function could be provided that would 'get' the
> message text, or the headers, or whatever is available in the Evolution
> internals.
>
>    A startup file in the evolution directory could load any Perl libs
> (such as Mail::Audit and Spam Assassin) that might be desired for
> processing incoming messages.

Sounds like an interesting plan, but soon others will cry "I want Ruby"
or "I want Python" etc., so IMHO there needs to be some kind of pluging
mechanism.
Either way, I'm not an evolution hacker, just voicing opinions ;)

johannes