> > Launching a perl process that does alot of searching and evaluating for
> > every message that comes in could get expensive.
>
> Hm, yes, thats true, I didn't think of that.

Ok, well, didn't think of that before, but couldn't you simply have some
kind of process running that accepts mails over a socket? Then you could
still use the filter system thats already in-place, pipe the message to
the socket, and send back the reply from that? Then it would save all
the startup time while not putting everything into evolution...
Anyway, its OK with me (personally) to put it in, but I can see how it
might not fit the larger picture.

johannes