Basically you tell it, not trying to sound funny there, but I guess
different MTAs are told in different ways..

As an example I use postfix as our inbound gateway, if I wanted to set it up
as a secondary MX for domain.com I'd basically tell it where to route mail
to domain.com to, and that would pretty much be that barring some tweaking.

Just a personal opinion but I'd be tempted to use a third party for a
secondary MX - the one I use is dirt cheap and deadly reliable so I'd sooner
not worry about another box to look after..

regards,
Paul
--
Paul Hutchings