Argumentum ad ignorantiam doesn't work.  Pretty common (and simplistic)
logical fallacy, mostly used in supporting religious dogmatism.  "I
cannot prove that $deity doesn't exist, therefore $deity exists."

<from somewhere else in this godforsaken thread>
I must say that if you were to hire Ed Crowley for his employer's
prevailing wage, for the amount of hours he spends providing free
technical support in Microsoft's online communities, he has demonstrably
"paid for it."