-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Deckler
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 12:59 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Greg's Utterly Fascinating Views on Ethics

Um, yes it DOES make it unethical. You are accepting a direct gift from
a vendor and then turning around and supposedly giving unbiased
technical advice to a client. That is the definition of "real or
perceived conflict of interest". It does not mean that you WILL act
unethically, but it is OBVIOUSLY a breach of ethical conduct and
conflict of interest rules.