No one has mentioned performance.
The BES server uses mapi to talk to the exch server and can bring an
misconfigured or undersized exchange server to its latency knees.

________________________________
From: Don Ely [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:53 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Blackberry question

My point is that the decision must be made based on your needs for
adminsitration, manageability, security, etc...  All of the mobility vendors
out there serve various needs, some do it better than others...  EAS isn't
nearly as far along as Blackberry, on the other hand it does work and the fact
that you're having trouble with your users because they cannot charge their
phone is neither a slight on EAS or a win for BES.  That would be the fault of
the phone manufacturers...  And quite frankly, if they can't keep their phone
charged, maybe they don't need one...

Never the less, I like EAS and I like BES.  I like the new Curve so much that I
may replace my 6700 with one when its time.  Then again, there may be a real
cool WM device out by then that I want...

On Dec 26, 2007 2:45 PM, Joe Heaton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL