From: Steven Peck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 6:31 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Why not?

Well Eric, there was also HIPAA regulation and confusion about
what/how that would impact it that helped take an outsourced solution
off the table.  As the product that we installed for HIPAA complaicne
also had SPAM / AV gateway software there seemed no point to
outsourcing.  At least that was managements partial reason.

Steven

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Eric Woodford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Paranoia. Last place I worked, the philosophy was if you let it go, you
may
> never see it again. We didn't want to outsource AV, thinking that it would
> turn into all email after the first (perceived) disaster.
>
> Plus, we were already looking at bringing an solution inhouse for
> encryption, which also did AV/AS.
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Matt Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Because google is a giant data miner.  I'd rather not have my mail go
>> through them at any cost.  Not to mention most other third party AV and
Spam