On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM, William Lefkovics
<will...@lefkovics.net> wrote:
> "The cloud", Software-as-a-Service, Hosted Solutions, whatever you want to
> call it, is part of the evolution of networking.  They are not _worried_
> about it; they are embracing it ...

  I'm sorta with Kurt on this one.  While I'm sure a great many
companies can move to such services at reasonable risk, I also think
there's going to be an eventual counter-migration for some of those
companies.  Same thing that's happened for some companies with
outsourcing for other reasons; it's a short-term gain but a long-term
loss.

  However, this counter-migration will not occur at any significant
level until some massive breaches occur and cause some high-profile
companies to loose significant money, or even go out of business.  The
public breaches we've seen so far are child's play in comparison to
what's coming.

  Some will no doubt consider this needless fear.  Only time will tell
who is right.

-- Ben