On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM, William Lefkovics
<will...@lefkovics.net> wrote:
> My point was not whether it is a good or bad move, but rather that the cloud,
> SaaS, hosted services, etc, will have an impact on overall future sales for
> software vendors including Microsoft.

  Of course, in the past, Microsoft has changed their licensing terms
to adapt to changing times.  Sometimes to customer advantage,
sometimes to their own.  I wouldn't be surprised to see "cloud CALs"
or something show up if it really starts to hurt them...

-- Ben