From: Richard Stovall [mailto:rich...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Exchange 20007/2010 voice mail with multiple extension

Thank you.  That helps put things into the appropriate boxes, which is
unfortunately the rudimentary knowledge level at which I find myself right now.

I've uncovered innumerable references to Dialogics and Audiocodes media
gateways, but I didn't know how to interpret the results.  Our (very old, but
going strong) Norstar system may, or may not, have a compatible gateway product
that would allow us to leverage it -juuuuust a little bit longer-...  (Boy,
would it be nice if one exists...)

My ideal upgrade path for our ~100 user environment (subject to much amendment
/ correction / improvement) is to migrate from on-premise Exchange 2003 (single
server) to on-premise Exchange 2010 Standard with Enterprise CALs on Server
2008 R2 Enterprise (two servers with fully redundant roles).  Server Enterprise
would be deployed to take advantage of mailbox resiliency, and Enteprise CALs
to immediately utilize archiving, custom retention, and delegated multi-mailbox
search.  Down the line I would like to add UM, but that is almost certainly a
phase 2 project because of the likely cost involved in ripping out and
replacing the Norstar.  If a Norstar-compatible gateway happens to exist, that
might allow us to add UM on the front end.

As always, comments, and corrections (and even the occasional humiliation) are
always appreciated.

RS

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Michael B. Smith