From: Sean Martin [mailto:seanmarti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Exchange 2010 DAG and backup options/recommendations.

I would spend some time and read the ESRP results from each of the storage
vendors you entertain. There's some excellent data and very interesting
results.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/bb412164.aspx

Pay particular attention to each vendor's hardware configuration and compare
that to the amount of load (number of mailboxes) they were able to handle
and still provide reasonable disk response times. (I believe under 20ms is
the target).

Once you've digested all of that, start obtaining price quotes from the
various vendors.

This is what brought Equalogics to my attention as a serious contender in
the storage sector. And by the way, I currently manage two EMC CX700s and an
EMC CX4-960.

- Sean