In addition an archiving solution may be in order.  Three DAG boxes give
redundancy but not so much for the long term message recovery.

From: Sobey, Richard A [mailto:r.so...@imperial.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:17 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2010 DAG and backup options/recommendations.

Point taken. It's actually something I had never considered - using the
Dumpster (SIR in 2010 I guess?) and deleted mailbox retention as a "backup"
solution. With the database copies you're also protected against storage
failures. Hmmm. Many things to consider.

That said, we actually had someone the other day who purged his dumpster as
he thought it was counting toward his quota!

Richard