Palmer C Byrne wrote:

> In practically ever case of problems similar to what you described I have
> found the cause to be bad ram. About 1 of every 10 PC100 SDRAMS we have
> received from our vendor have been bad. They would pass the short POST at
> power-on but hey raised hell after words in a number of subtle ways.

Hmm. OK I'll check the ram. However this machine was running fine for
about 4 months until I put mandrake 7.0 on it. Never had any problems
with this machine with mandrake 6.0 on it.

Cheers,
Sheldon.
Sheldon Lee Wen                    http://members.xoom.com/Lycadican
"Superstition is a word the ignorant use to describe their ignorance."
  -- Sifu.