I'd like to add my observations on this bug of netscape.  I've noticed a
pattern to this one (I believe):
The first netscape window opened is the "super-window".  At any time,
closing it kills all other windows without confirm.  However, you can
close any other window you want.  My solution is to open netscape with a
Direcotry listing as a homepage, then open new windows to do anything, I
just never close the "root" window (which I slide away to a different
desktop).

Could anyone else try and verify my theory (LM 6.1 COmm 4.7).

Eric Aksomitis
http://www.dlcwest.com/~jed/re_answer.shtml