Wayne wrote:

> Unfortunately no, I cannot get the drive to work uder Linux.  Sorry, my mails
> were probably a bit  misleading and I was actually talking about wind'ohs
> software.  I tried to use the Livid software today but couldn't get passed the
> first stage of the i nstall (which is actually  compiling supporting
> softwaresuch as nasm).  When i got to the testdvd /mnt/cdrom stage, it just
> kept saying bash: command not found or something similar.  I don't think DVD
> for linux is that advanced yet.
>
> Wayne

DVD

A few weeks ago I got a not that Xmovie could possibly play DVD 's . Maybe worth
checking out.

 * X Movie
 *
 * Author: Adam Williams    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 * Homepages: heroine.linuxbox.com
 *
 * xmovie is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
 * any later version.
 *
 * xmovie is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *
 * along with GNU Make; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
 * the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
 *

Larry