> I think I get it.  But how do I actually go about making the partitions?
> When I install Mandrake, I get a partitioner.  Do I do it all at that
> time?  (I am planning to do a clean Mandrake install as the first OS on
> the new disk.)  Or do I need to partition the HD before installing
> anything?

I'd suggest making the partitions ahead of time, for simplicity.  That
way, you'll know what you want to do before you start installing, and
won't have to deal with any inept install partitioning tools you might run
across.  Planning is good.

And you can use any partitioning tool you like- except for Microsoft
FDISK.EXE, because it doesn't understand anything outside of MS-Land.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>