Sure.  Whatever.

You can create 'em ahead of time,
create 'em on the first install, or
create 'em as you go (just leave the end of the disk un-paritioned on
the first install).

IF you have the 1024-cylindar problem, though, you'll have to create
all the /boot paritions on the first install.

I'd probably FIRST do a test install on the disk where I had a dummy
empty partition 1050 cylindars large, and install into / for the rest
of the disk, with default options.

If this one boots, then you know you don't have to worry about the 1024
limit; if it fails, then you do.

THEN proceed with either the simple approach or the complex one,
depending on whether you have the 1024 problem or not.

--
"Brian, the man from babbleon-on"               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                         http://www.babbleon.org