I'm sick of this topic.

First of all, where do you get off complaining about the Mandrake distro
when it's a completely free operating system that gives you complete
control?  The guys at Mandrake have done an excellent job at puting
together this distribution; having used the many other distributions out
there, I happen to know that Mandrake's components and policies are
second to none.

Quite frankly, you can configure and use Mandrake or any other
distribution however you want since it's mostly open source.  I needed
to compile a complete kdebase package just a while ago to get a newer
version of kmp3 working.  Rather than complain about the problem, I took
the initiative and downloaded the source and compiled it.  That's called
"extending the capabilities" of your operating system, in case you
didn't know.  It's much more productive than writing some half-wit
complaint to the expert-list to complain about how Mandrake and RedHat
are becoming like Microsoft.

If you really knew how to use Linux, you'd be able to fix your problems
and then post the results to the expert list.  That's what being a Linux
expert is all about.  You can recompile the kernel and reconfigure parts
of the OS however you like.  You can extend and expand what already
exists.

Better yet, quit complaining and start your own distribution.  You can
even base it off of Mandrake.  Then you can patch it and make it "yours"
since your way is obviously better than the Mandrake designers.

Whatever you do, quit wasting time and bandwidth on these stupid issues,
and maybe learn about Linux and fix it for a change.  After all, you're
free to do that, regardless of what Mandrake chooses to do.  Save your
dribble for newsgroups like alt.linux.unrealistic.expectations.

On a related note, hats off to the Mandrake team for creating a great
cutting-edge Linux distribution.  I've used a lot of distributions;
Mandrake seems to fit a variety of user levels and is still suitable for
use by real experts.

--Matt