On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 01:59:45PM -0800, Civileme wrote:

> troubles, chipsets only.  All the Processors work very well.  The one Chip I
> have heard some things about, and they were chipset dependant, was the K6-3,
> and that concerned the On-Chip L2 Cache and the resulting speed performance.
> Since AMD dropped the K6-3, there _may_ be some substance to those complaints;
> however, I have had reports of flawless multiyear performance from K6-3s as
> well.

My first experience with Linux was with an AMD 200mmx - no problem.  Now I run an AMD
K6-3
450 and am very happy with it.  I like to think AMD dropped the K6-3 to differentiate
the
Athlon sufficiently so people would buy it! :)

 --
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street  NOOSAVILLE QLD 4566
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mob: 0419 535539