Submitted 23-Jul-00 by Sevatio Octavio:
> I know that Linux is efficient, so I'm just curious about what a Pentium
> 200Mhz/MMX 64Meg SDRAM can do with Mandrake.  If any of you have
> experiences with older systems, please share how much work you've been
> able to squeeze out of such resources.  What kind of servers are you
> running and the level of traffic?

This machine is a P166 with 96 MB (EDO).  While it isn't heavily
loaded network wise, I do run http, dns, and mail servers on the box.
I wouldn't recommend a system like this for a high traffic site, but I
have run a MUD server (as a backup) on a P150/64 with an average
network load of 60-90 connections.

The real question is what you want the machine to do :) For example, I
have an old PC/XT clone I still use as a terminal for an AMD K6-2/350
system and a 386sx/25 (ex-doorstop) running as a firewall/router.

--
       _
     _|_|_