On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, John Aldrich pushed some tiny letters in this order:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > No-one is forcing you to use vim. If you don't like it use something else! Can
> > we kill this thread please? The best thing to come out of it would be for
> > Mandrakesoft to take the suggestion of a default editor selection at
> > installation time because complaining how vi sucks or how vi rocks so much at
> > length is just igniting a holy flame war.
> >
> Well, in point of fact, they are. When vi/vim is the "default" editor
> of choice when you install linux, you ARE forcing people to use vi.
> Not everyone knows that you can just edit your .bashrc (or
> /etc/bashrc) to fix this.
>       John

What are the programs that use this environment variable? I just typed
`echo $EDITOR` at a prompt and received nothing. I haven't modified any of the
system wide profile files or my own .bashrc file since installation, neither
have I received any warnings that the env variable isn't set.

Tony