.............snip..................

The beauty of the ongoing evolution of Linux is that it will
>eventually fulfill both the need for the geek and the grandfather looking at
>emailed pictures of his grandkids.  This is the direct opposite of most
>other OS's which use operating obfuscation in the name of user friendliness
>(and it ain't jus MS, ever tried to really get into the guts of the Mac OS?)
>Linux has amazing potential, but it ain't there yet.
>
>Adam

Well said, Adam.
About 4 years ago I was contemplating a MAC. I
was at the local sales/repair shop and asked to see
it's DOS. All I saw was icons! "How do I get into it?"
"You don't", was the reply. "But how do I write script or change stacks?"
"You don't. That's what we're here for."
Neither the machine, the limited software, or their hourly rate was cheap!

Pj