On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 10:25:47AM +0300, Paschalis Pagonidis wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    I can only read to NTFS but can't write even as root. My Mandrake
>    version is 7.0 (it doesn't support "Write" priviledges to NTFS), but I
>    compiled the new kernel 2.2.16 which supports it. But the problem
>    remains!!! I' ve heard that kernel puts some default priviledges to
>    all files at the NTFS partition at startup. How can I change them? Is
>    that the right solution?

Possibly, all you need to do is edit /etc/fstab.

That said, I am skeptical that you can write to an NTFS volume, either
safely or at all. NTFS is an undocumented file system, and changes have
been made in the layout of data and metadata in the file system as NTFS
has evolved. The most recent change is from NT 4 to W2K, and that is a
major change.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature