> Have you installed win98 INSIDE vmware?  Sounds like you are trying to
> use an existing install of win98 which I dont think vmware will do - you

No, which seemed odd since they have you set up a virtual disk.

> need to go the full fdisk/format/install route within the vmware virtual
> machine - read the docs, they are quite good.  Quite figtening the first
> time you see fdisk run inside a VM, hoping it doesnt escape!

This must be the part I'm missing as I don't see any good docs.  There's a
man page but when I click on the help they take me to tech support on
their site.  I guess I need to go back there and look a lot more closely
as all I found was some trouble-shooting stuff.

Thanks Bill

Cheers --- Larry