> Pretend that there is NO Win 98 on your machine now. Install
> Win98 IN VM Ware.. Virtual Machine is just that, a make-believe
> computer.. The software tricks your system into thinking there
> is another computer in there with it..

While I'm very aware of what a virtual machine is what has been unclear to
me was how to set it up.  There's absolutely no reason I can see why
VMware couldn't grab the OS from a partition with Windows installed on
it.  They just prefer to hold it in a file instead.

For what it's worth, I seem to have it running, or at least I'm finishing
up the W'98 install right now.  I hope it works half as good as VMware
says it does :-)

Thanks to all who have helped me fumble my way into this.  I still found
it a struggle to find the documentation on the website.  It's unclear to
me why they don't just put the help point directly on the
documentation.  They dump me onto the main page which has absolutely no
reference to it.  In fact, I can't find a reference to the documentation
anywhere but in their site map.

Cheers --- Larry