Hi!

I was reading this thread and I want to comment what happens to me.
I have win98 installed in /dev/hda1 and linux somewhere else (suppose
/dev/hda5 or something like that)
If I configured vmware to boot from /dev/hda1 it gives an error...
but if I configure to boot from /dev/hda.,  vmware goes to lilo... then
I could choose to boot the already running linux (muy loco esto :) ...)
o boot win98 from /dev/hda1.
What I see is that if you use vmware you must think that is another machine
making use of your hard disk..... in this case /dev/hda.... and you can't
boot
/dev/hda1 without lilo... except that you have the mbr clean...
(remember format /MBR from MS-DOS).

ALF

--
"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door.
You're the one that has to walk through it."

INIFTA - Universidad Nacional De La Plata
Calle 64 y Diag. 113, C.C. 16  Suc. 4, La Plata, Bs. As., Argentina
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. +54 221 425-7291/7430 ext. 175
Fax  +54 221 425-4642