Lately I have found that my soundcard, an es1371 AudioPCI card,
doesn't work properly anymore.  I am not sure when it occured but
when my audio is playing (system sounds) it is interrupted with
cricket-like noises.  A screechy-static like sound.

Looking at my hardware settings in control-panel (Mandrake 7.2,
kde-2.0) I see that my soundcard is sharing an IRQ with my ethernet
card.  Me thinks this is part of the problem.  I would like to change the
irq assignment of either one or the other but don't know how to go
about this.  I can't change anything on the soundcard with sounddrake.
Kudzu won't let me either.  Is there a simple means by which I can
change the irq or the ethernet card or soundcard?

praedor