On Saturday 25 November 2000 11:29 pm, you wrote:

[...]
> Looking at my hardware settings in control-panel (Mandrake 7.2,
> kde-2.0) I see that my soundcard is sharing an IRQ with my ethernet
> card.  Me thinks this is part of the problem.  I would like to change the

A little more information.  I do have both etherconfig and sounddrake
installed.  Running either doesn't do me any good.  All i/o, irq, etc, entries
are listed as "-1" and are unchangeable (what good are they if that's all
they do?).  What is assigning both my ethernet and soundcard the same
irq?  Both are sharing irq 11.  I would like to assign one of them to irq 5,
which is wide open...or irq 7.

I am prevented from doing this.

Anyone?

praedor