> 1. Distribution bashing attitude (this is not the same as pointing out
> negative aspects of some distributions, but insulting people because they
> don't use distribution X or Y)

Geez, Claudio.  Are you a knuckle dragger or something?  Everyone
knows you should be using distribution X :-)

> 2. The RTFM attitude. There's nothing more frustrating to a newbie than
> hearing a 'RTFM' (some of them don't even know what that means ...). If you

It does wear thin when you follow the newbie conference and it's
obvious that the guy asking the question is a Windows user who hasn't
read a paragraph of any documentation anywhere.  I think it's fair to
suggest that you can't get into Linux (in its current form) without
reading a book or two about Linux.

> know there's a good faq or howto, just tell the newbie where to look and in
> time he/she will learn ;c). Believe me, even a friendly "man grep" will do miracles.

I agree.  THEN you tell them to RTFM :-)

Cheers --- Larry