Dear Craig:

May I suggest one thing that may or may not solve your problem. I had
the same problem with Netscape. It crashe every ten minutes. Finally,
after consulting with a computer friend, I decided to switch from a PS/2
mouse to a serial mouse. Real easy to do. Bingo, all problems with
Netscape disappeared. Or almost all problems. Now, it is pretty rare for
Netscape to actually crash. I can write a letter in Netscape for two
hours with the security that it won't be wiped out by a crash. Still,
just to be sure, I save it as a draft every few paragraphs.

Try it (or try a USB mouse).

The problem in my case was an IRQ conflict that was causing instability
everywhere, not just in Netscape. And suddenly, KDE was stable as a
rock, and even Netscape behaved.

Benjamin
--
Sher's Russian Web