Ya, with the 7.2 dist, Konqueror does not load java pages properly. Plus, I use the Netscape SSL IMAP functions to check email and have been unable to find another email client that supports multiple SSL IMAP accounts. :(

Craig Sprout wrote:

"Stephen Lawrence Jr." wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems with Netscape Communicator 4.76 locking
> up and taking %99 CPU time? I have to do a 'kill -9' on it all the time.

You mean besides every stinking day?

Disabling Java and Javascript go quite a ways towards making it behave
nicely, but other than that I don't really have any suggestions for you.

I've noticed that sometimes, just loading a heavy page (500+ Kb) can
bring the foul lizard to its knees.

I'm going to put 8.0b3 on this box over the weekend, and play around a
little more with Konqueror.  From the little bit of dabbling I've done,
I am impressed.  I'll have to see how it does under a heavy load.

--
Craig Sprout
Network Administrator

--