So sprach D. R. Evans am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 06:30:20PM -0600:
> Fine. Now please tell me how you did it :-)

Hmm, well, I don't know.  I just selected it at install time, and that's it.
Maybe the thing is that my hardware time is running on UTC?  Maybe you
should try that?

And DrakConf also contains something for setting time.  Does this not work?

Well, that's my /etc/sysconfig/clock:

ARC=false
UTC=true
ZONE=Europe/Berlin

Lastly, I'm setting my clock once per day to the official times provided by
official sources, ie. for europe ptbtime1.ptb.de and for US ntp2.usno.navy.mil

To do this, I use this mini script:

#!/bin/sh
SERVERS="ptbtime1.ptb.de ntp2.usno.navy.mil"

ntpdate $SERVERS

. /etc/sysconfig/clock

OPTS="--systohc"

[ .$UTC = .true ] && OPTS="${OPTS} --utc"

hwclock ${OPTS}

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)