On 25 May 01, at 22:11, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> So sprach D. R. Evans am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 06:30:20PM -0600:
> > Fine. Now please tell me how you did it :-)
>
> Hmm, well, I don't know.  I just selected it at install time, and that's it.
> Maybe the thing is that my hardware time is running on UTC?  Maybe you
> should try that?

Yeah; I was hoping to avoid that, but all the people who seem to have
the time working correctly appear to be running with a UTC hardware
clock. I'll mess with it over the weekend unless someone steps forward
with a solution that works with a local-time BIOS clock.

> And DrakConf also contains something for setting time.  Does this not work?

Nope. Not if the BIOS clock is running on local time. (At least, it
doesn't do the right thing on my system. Somehow, it doesn't figure out
the right UTC time even though there appears to be enough information
available in the two config files for the system to be able to work it
out.)

Thanks for the other info. I will be using SNTP to keep the time
correct once I have this UTC/local mess sorted out.

  Doc

Phone:  +1 303 494 0394
Mobile: +1 720 839 8462
Fax:    +1 781 240 0527