So sprach D. R. Evans am Fri, May 25, 2001 at 02:35:31PM -0600:
> Yeah; I was hoping to avoid that, but all the people who seem to have

Uhm, why did you want to avoid that?  Long, long ago *G* when I was still
running Windows occiasionally, I also had my clock set to UTC.  Now, since
Windows sucks and isn't able to deal with a clock set to UTC, I've installed
a SNTP client in Windows, which ran right at bootup.  This caused the clock
to be set to the wrong time (ie. local time), but at least Windows was fine.
In Linux I also had this SNTP script running, so really everything was fine.

> Nope. Not if the BIOS clock is running on local time. (At least, it

Dunno, I've got my BIOS clock on UTC for quite some time now and will not
change it.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)